Factors such as poor oral hygiene, smoking and a diet high in sugar and acid can lead to the demineralisation of the teeth. If left unattended this can progress resulting in tooth breakdown and decay.
To reverse the effects of tooth demineralisation:
• Drink plenty of fluoridated water and brush with a fluoridated tooth paste twice daily. Fluoride is a mineral that not only helps fight against tooth decay, but also helps reverse demineralisation of tooth enamel.
• Cut down on sugary and acidic foods and drinks.
• Drinking plenty of water when eating sugary food. Water helps neutralize the efforts of sugar.
• Stimulate saliva flow.
• Eat cheese, milk and other natural dairy products. Dairy products contain calcium and phosphates that help strengthen and remineralize teeth.
Contact South Yarra Family Dental Care Today
• Call us on 03 98671151
• Email us at email@example.com
Pop in and see us at unit 2/ 137 Osborne St , South Yarra, Melbourne.