Follow these tips to help guarantee the longevity of your mouthguard:
* Rinse your mouthguard in warm soap water after each use.
* Never wash your mouthguard using hot water as it can alter the shape of your mouthguard, resulting in a poor fit.
* After washing your mouthguard allow it to air-dry completely before storing it away.
* Store your mouthguard in a well-ventilated plastic storage box when not in use.
* Disinfect the mouthguard from time to time with an antiseptic mouthwash.
* Never leave your mouthguard in direct sunlight or in hot steamy places. Heat can damage and alter the shape of a mouthguard.
* Bring your mouthguard along to your dental check-up appointments, this allows your dentist to inspect the fitting and condition of your mouthguard.
* Replace damaged or worn out mouthguards.