What is Teeth grinding or Bruxism
It is involuntary clenching and grinding of the teeth, it doesn’t always display its symptoms in ways that are immediately noticeable. This problem usually occurs whilst asleep, but can also occur during waking hours.
Bruxism puts massive amounts of pressure on your teeth and the muscles of your face and jaw muscles, bone and joints. As a result, it can cause problems like
• Fractured, chipped or loose teeth
• A dull headache, sore jaws and/or ear pain
• Aching teeth, and stiffness in the face and temples, particularly after you’ve just woken up
• Sore jaws while you’re eating, especially at breakfast time
• Sensitivity to hot and cold food and drinks
• Intense jaw clenching
Bruxism can be caused by stress and anxiety, a malocclusion due to overly-high fillings, or missing or crooked teeth or even by obstructive sleep apnoea. It is important to identify the cause of the bruxing in order to make sure appropriate treatment is provided.
We will take care of the possible causes such as overly-high fillings, or missing or crooked teeth, and may fit with a mouthguard if you grind your teeth at night.
Contact South Yarra Family Dental Care Today
• Call us on 03 98671151
• Email us at email@example.com
• Pop in and see us at unit 2/ 137 Osborne St , South Yarra,Melbourne