At South Yarra Family Dental Care, we recommend using a soft bristled tooth brush. Soft brushes are the best at removing plaque from your teeth and gum line and are kinder on your gums. Hard bristle brushes apply to much pressure on the gums which can cause trauma resulting in sensitivity and gum recessions.
When picking a tooth brush, it’s important to pick a tooth brush that fits comfortably in your mouth allowing you to reach all your teeth easily.
Its recommended to replace your tooth brush or tooth brush head every 3 months.
Deciding between an electric or manual toothbrush is up to personal preference, both are equally effective at removing plaque when used correctly.
The advantages of a manual tooth brush
• You have more control over the brushing process
• You can decide how much pressure is applied on the teeth
• There are a variety of options including different head sizes and tongue
• They are a lot cheaper than electronic toothbrushes
The advantages of an electric tooth brush
• They do the work for you (this can benefit people who suffer from arthritis)
• Many include built in timers
• Many include warning lights that alerts you when you’re applying to much
Contact South Yarra Family Dental Care Today
• Call us on 03 98671151
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pop in and see us at unit 2/ 137 Osborne St , South Yarra, Melbourne.